Sunday, January 17, 2010

Good Question

I really haven't had any funny work stories lately. For a while I thought maybe I had lost my sense of humor and was burnt out. But I think maybe I just hadn't had anything funny happen in a while.

Last Monday morning I got a great question by email. It made me laugh out loud at the time and chuckle through the rest of the day while I continued to come up with outlandish answers in my head.

Here is the whole unedited email as I received it....

need a answer

what would a heavy bowling ball do to a finger

Ok. Maybe it doesn't strike (punny :)) you as an extremely funny question but put yourself in my place....I seriously needed to answer it.

If the question had been asked in person I could have gotten some important info before answering....like 1) did your finger get stuck in the bowling ball? 2) Did you drop the bowling ball on your finger?, or 3) were you thinking of using the bowling ball as a weapon?

As it was....I just made the assumption that some sort of crushing incident had occurred and that Ibuprofen and Ice would be the way to go. Ice and Ibuprofen is the answer to almost everything just like the old "take an aspirin and call me in the morning" answer.

2 comments:

ProudMom said...

Good story! :) Love it! Maybe the author was planning on experimenting with a bowling ball...and needed to know the risks involved... :)

Jan said...

It just raises some questions, doesn't it? These days anything that makes one laugh(even slightly hysterical laughter) is "a good thing"... (I don't quote Martha very often, so you know things are desperate!) :0) Have a good week! Keep us posted on the rest of the story.