Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Day Off

I took the day off today. In more than just the "not working for pay" type of way. I mean....I really really took the day off. No....REALLY.

I didn't speak any more words than necessary. I am not mad. I am not sad. I am not being a jerk. I was just....on my day off.

I slept until 7:21. This would be my dream time to get up if it were up to me. Today it was up to me. I did not get dressed (until about 2:30). I was NOT naked however. I was just in my sleepwear, which thankfully was a pair of sweatpants and a long sleeve t-shirt and appropriate undergarments - thank you very much. Therefore it was not scary when I drove Cole to school. It is more of a stop and drop type of chore anyway.

I did not make dinner. John popped in for a short time and made himself a sandwich and rushed off to go to the sale barn. I did not eat at noon. I had made popcorn mid-morning and snacked my way through a few TV shows that I had DVRed. (Have I mentioned lately how much I really love DVRing?) At 1:30 I rustled up enough stuff from the back of the fridge to resemble nachos and had a coke. Yes a regular coke. I am not sorry.

I got out the MP3 player that I got for Christmas and stumbled through downloading some songs. It was not easy or fast. I am sure there is a better way but I do at least have some songs on it and that was pretty exciting.

I played Solitaire.
On the computer.
Most of the day.
I am not sorry for that either. I know it was not productive nor did it make me smarter, stronger, or more mature. But I enjoyed it. I was down to negative 500 dollars at one point then hit a hot streak and was all the way up over 400 dollars at one time as well. It took me a long time to lose all that money - but I was finally able to do it.

I did not make supper. There were leftovers and the fellas found them without any problem.

I did do a bit of laundry and dishes and I did get ready for a meeting that I had to go to tonight.

My day off was great. I don't do it very often but I thoroughly needed a total day off today. I think my fellas understand that about me. They don't really fuss so I am assuming that they get it. Maybe they didn't notice...not sure....either way....it works for me.

Tomorrow - back to work and I am ready to face the challenges of all the hats that I wear. I am ready to be 'present' for my fellas. I am reasonably sure that they are ready too....cuz we are out of leftovers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Huh, this pretty much describes me for most of the Christmas vacation... Sad, huh? And a little embarrassing.