Friday, January 16, 2009

Made It!

Well, I made it through the first week of the semester. Spring semester is not nearly as hard as Fall semester but it is still busy.

I left a little after 6:30 this morning and was treated with a spectacular sunrise. There was no wind and the skies were clear. It was just dark enough the the trees along the creek looked black against the colorful horizon. It made me want to be a really great photographer. But I doubt even one of the really great ones could have captured it's glory. It was a gift. For me. Or at least that is how I decided to think about it.

Tonight....I will tackle laundry and chores that go by the wayside during my work week. Cole is already in PJ's and watching a movie. He hasn't felt good all week. He has a bad cold....but it is getting better. It has him pretty worn down though.

John moved cows to the north place this morning. I haven't seen him to know how it went yet, but I am sure it happened because they bring them right up the road and there were a lot of manure 'land mines' to try to avoid on my way home. :)

I made a major move in my attempt to exercise more and utilize my free activity pass today. I went to the NPAC over my lunch hour. Rented a locker. I paid the FOR A YEAR price instead of semester. (I thought that showed commitment - wouldn't you agree?) Walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes and put my "good" tennys in the locker.

I have 3 pairs of tennis shoes.
The good pair are for inside...like gyms or the NPAC....they have never set foot on a street or sidewalk.....they don't even know what it looks like because they get carried into the gym and are put on only when they are indoors. The decent pair are for walking up and down our drive and they are decent enough to wear to town. The last pair. Well....they have seen about everything and they are the everyday pair. They have mowed the grass, gardened, traipsed through the pasture, been thrown at a cat that might be thinking about climbing on the table, and they might have even spent a short time in the bottom of a sucking mud-manure low spot in the corral. That is not my favorite thing...you have to dig around by hand in that stinking mess to try to rescue a shoe that is on it's last leg....all while standing on one leg so you don't get your sock dirty! WHEW!

I get a new pair of tennis shoes every couple of years or so and the SLIDE happens after that. The new pair are 'good' now. The old 'good' slides into the 'decent' pair and the old 'decent' pair slides down to the 'everyday'. The old 'everyday' shoes...well...they get to go to town. In the trash. It is the tennis shoe circle of life. They live to a good ripe old age. And by ripe....I mean RIPE. But I bet you didn't really want to or need to know that. Sorry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had the gift of a beautiful sunruse this morning, too. What a great way to start the day. I'm just glad I happened to be paying attention this morning. I wonder how many other sunrise gifts I've been given that I never took the time to really see.