Jolene is probably trying to call me. She might come over today and lay out at the beach. She says she won't wear shorts until she gets a tan on her legs. So she lays out whenever she can.
While I was down here today I wanted to sketch a picture of my favorite boat. It is big and old looking. It is black with dark blue sails. It has a rich classy look about it. But it wasn't in the harbour. So I'll go out on the rocks and try to sketch the lighthouse. I better hurry or the tide will come in and I'll be stuck.
Below is a picture of the lighthouse that I wanted to sketch.
My sketch looks nothing like this picture. :)
This is the Indian Island Lighthouse that sat in the opening to Rockport Harbour.

I found a tennis ball washed up on the shore. It's probably from Wimbeldon. :) Actually it is probably Leda's (the collie), she has one just like it. But there is something about the ocean stretching on as far as you can see that makes me feel small but hopeful. Like maybe anything is possible. I can't explain it really.
LATER-
I stayed at the beach until noon then I did the dishes and called Jolene. She didn't come up today. I finally got a letter from John today! His grandpa is really sick (cancer) and Rocky (his brother) and Angie are engaged! John and the other kids from Burr Oak are in Colorado with Harder's (the pastor and family). Wish I was too.
Susan came home early from work today and we went back to Camden. She went to make a deposit in her ATM and it took her card and said she had been abusing it and it was being suspended! I would have been so embarrassed but she....cackled. I don't know how else to describe it. It really seemed to crack her up. She admitted that she really had been abusing her ATM card but found it hilarious that a machine finally had the guts to do something about it. :) She is pretty funny. We went and found Carl and he is "handling" it. He was nice about it.
I walked around town a bit and we went to get the girls from school. Morgan doesn't feel good so she and I are home. Susan and Chloe went back for groceries for Chloe's slumber party tomorrow night. Her party starts at 11:30. Six girls are coming for the day and two of those are staying over.
We had lasagna for supper. After I did the dishes I took Chloe and Morgan for a walk. We went down to the beach and it was low tide so we looked for baby crabs. We found five! We found a baby starfish too. It started to get dark so we come back.
I am in bed now. Carl's cousin just drove in - I heard them. I am going to stay in bed though, it is late and I am too tired to deal with interesting and brilliant relatives right now. Tomorrow will be soon enough.
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment