I have been looking for my USB cord to download my camera for weeks. I have not found it even though the title of this post would maybe lead you to thing that I had....
But....I did find that I have a card reader on the front of my laptop! YEAH! Thanks to my good buddy Lianne...who said "don't you have a card reader on your laptop?" She wrote that to me
a good while back and I was real sad when I read it because I did not have a card reader (at least I didn't know it then) and it made me sad because I thought maybe I should have ordered a laptop with a card reader. So I felt foolish...first for losing my USB cord...then for not thinking to order a card reader on my laptop. I felt behind the techo stream....again.
Today I was paying some bills on line and had moved my laptop to the table and accidentally hit something on the front edge that seemed to "give" a little. Right away I thought...GREAT...now my sucky card readerless laptop is falling apart! But on inspection I found...you guess it....a CARD READER! The "give" had been the fake place holder type card in there and so I popped it out and pulled out my card from my camera and the rest is history...or future posts I guess.
I was soooo happy! But that was not all I found...
As I was going through my stack of bills and papers and junk in my 'papers that I have to go through before throwing away' pile, I actually found something else that I thought was lost forever.....our Census envelope. It was hiding in between some EOBs from Blue Cross Blue Shield so it is a wonder it was ever found! I was so dreading the poor census person coming to our door, getting mauled by Max, seeing various pieces of deer remains on the lawn and having to ask us the questions because I had carelessly misplaced the census envelope.
Before I had an opportunity to lose it again...I just filled it out. It took me 4 minutes...yes, I timed it. The instructions said that it would take an average household 10 minutes to fill out...including reviewing the instructions. I guess I am above average. :) Or maybe below average...not sure - but I am so happy to cross that off my list and to dodge the census person!
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)


2 comments:
Ha ha!! :) I'm so glad you found your card reader! It's going to be a handy little tool for you. Can't wait to see some pictures!
I love your blog.....You write so well, and your great sense of humor shines....makes me feel younger, like when I lived with little people who made me laugh all the time! Write more....I am feeling older every day! Love, mom
Post a Comment