Sunday, April 25, 2010

Just Another Rainy Sunday

A slow drip is happening outside today.

We have had a good amount of moisture the last few days. The grass is as green as I have ever seen it and a few days of sunny warm weather will really make it grow. The mower will need to get running soon if there is any hope to stay ahead of it.

But....for today....I can enjoy a rare but wonderful lazy Sunday afternoon. John and Cole are wrapped in blankets and reclining in the living room watching "The Man From Snowy River" and let me just say that it is a classic that I never get tired of watching! John and I were discussing the first time we saw the movie. He remembers it being at the west O theatre in Lincoln but I remember it being at the Broken Bow Drive In. But by either account it has been a long time ago.

There is just enough of a chill to make you want to have a sweatshirt on and my all time favorite "uniform" is a sweatshirt and jeans. So....this day has all the ingredients to be one of those few and far between perfect days.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Classic favorite movie here, too. But it is going to bug me because I can't remember where I was when I first saw it! I'll have to ask Todd and see if he remembers. (Can you imagine his deer in the headlight look? He'll think it is one of those sneaky, can't win, trick questions. heh heh) It has been a lazy Sunday afternoon for me, too. My guys had an afternoon branding to go to, but I happily accomplished very little today. We need those days every once in a while.