Saturday, May 15, 2010

From the Nanny Files, July 2, 1984

I just got home from Rockland. I took Chloe and Morgan to "Gremlins". They liked it but Morgan got kind of scared. She wanted me to take her to the bathroom all the time so she didn't have to watch. Chloe wanted to watch but she didn't want us to leave her! I needed two of me! It all worked out but Chloe and Morgan both ended up on my lap by the end of the show.

Carl and Susan had originally planned to take them to the show but they were tired tonight and asked if I would take them. I didn't mind. It is a pretty good show. I still jumped as high as I did the first time!

Today was Morgan's first day at camp. It is just a day camp. They go swimming, ride ponies, and there are lots of animals there like puppies, kittens foals, baby birds, a baby turtle and even a snake in a cage.

Susan showed me how to get to the camp last night since I will be the one taking Morgan and picking her up everyday. After she showed me the way I felt very confident that I could get us there. So, of course, I got lost this morning. Finally I figured out where I was, went back to the beginning and started over and found it.

Chloe and I left Morgan at camp then went to pick up her friend, Sarah. We came back to the house and messed around here for a while then we went to play tennis. The courts are at the Snow Bowl. They are by a Mountain which has a ski slope on it with lifts and everything. I hit the only tennis ball we had into the lake pretty much right away so we quit early. :)

This afternoon we went to Shirttail Lake, had a picnic and swam. It was fun. It was so hot today so the water felt really good. I think it got up to 90 degrees or maybe even hotter. There was a lady at the lake in a bikini and she had a big tattoo around her belly button but I couldn't tell what it was a picture of.

We had to go get Morgan at 2:30 from her camp and that was basically when my day started! She was so grouchy! She and Chloe got in a fight, she said she wished I would go back to Nebraska and she cried, no, sobbed through all of it. So I took her home and put her to bed!

While Morgan was sleeping Chloe, Sarah and I played at the beach in the waterfall. We had fun. The waterfall was even warm! It is usually really cold.

No comments: