Saturday, April 3, 2010

Backing up - Home Improvement

This was pretty much the state of my livingroom for several weeks while we were mudding and taping and all. Note the fine drywall dust on the TV and the boy with my laptop AND watching TV. Yep....that was pretty much how it went down.


It is hard to see in this picture below, but this was right after we texturized. Texturizing is fun but much like a towns annual Easter Egg hunt.....you spend a lot of time preparing and setting up and making sure things are just right and the actual event is over in a matter of minutes.
I love texturizing...it can cover up a lot of problems that someone like me doesn't know how to do correctly....but all in all I think we improved our taping and mudding skills since doing the kitchen last year....was that only last year?! Anyway...either we improved or I am relaxing my standards....which weren't all that high anyway.




The west and south walls are this taupe color and the east wall and hall are beige. I was originally going to paint the south wall two shades darker but lost my nerve and am so happy with the way it is that I am glad that I did lose my nerve.
Now, other than putting up wood blinds on the big window and patio doors...I am in a holding pattern. Everything is functional and the furniture is moved back against the walls and I am enjoying some calm before the storm of trying to tackle the ceramic tile.



1 comment:

ProudMom said...

I'm so proud of you!! What a big project! Looks great!