Saturday, August 1, 2009

Now.....What?

My fellas came to my office with me this morning to help me.

It was totally a sacrificial deal for my hubby.

You see, my office is moving...one floor down and to the opposite end of the building.

I have office space in the Garden Level! (a.k.a. basement ;))

The problem is that I need to be moved and settled and ready to rumble by August 17th. The new office space needs painted. There are no free painters. (We actually have one full-time painter....for real. )

So.....in order to have uh....order.....I need to get the offices ready to go. So I bought some paint...and brushes and I am going to paint. But the new office space belonged to professors and pretty much all the walls had either bulletin boards or track shelving on them.

This is the part of the story where my fellas enter in. I tasked them with taking down the shelving except for a few smaller areas, removing some bulletin boards and other miscellaneous tasks.

It didn't take long at all. But they didn't enjoy it....oh they were good natured about it but it just isn't their favorite thing to do....especially my hubby.

I appreciated their help so much. Since it was after 12 when we wrapped up those tasks I told them that I would take them out for lunch. At Arbys. We went through the drive thru.

I paid with cash (remember the CASH part). I handed over a fifty dollar bill. The drive thru girl had a co-worker come over to chat about the bill then she opened her window and asked to see my driver's license. Oh man. Sure I had it but she wanted it removed from it's almost permanent spot in my billfold. Finally I did manage to pry it out of there and handed it over. She and her co-worker examined it carefully and then held the bill up to the light and a third co-worker came over.

It seems a few counterfeit bills are circulating. Mine wasn't one of them but they were obviously wanting to make sure.

The crazy thing is that if I had paid with a check or with a debit card I doubt they would have requested my ID. Weird.

So....if you are a cash payer like me....make sure you have your ID on you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If it's any consolation, Tim and I can't go thru the drive thru without first putting a divorce lawyer on speed dial. He doesn't do well with freebies, coupons, BOGO free, etc. He should either take me to no-deal eateries or learn that I'm like a chronic Las Vegas gambler in front of a slot machine when I hear the words...may I take your order. I'm out to win the best deal!