Monday, July 27, 2009

Brace Yourself

Today....I have to take my boy to get impressions for braces and to have an "expander" installed.

He is NOT excited. He "doesn't like anyone sticking things in his mouth". Well then, the next couple of years are going to cure him or send him into psychosis.....but either way they won't be easy.

He has been in the bathroom for 45 minutes. I hear the occasional unmistakable sound of (sorry) retching now and then.

I feel bad for him.

As soon as he gets out of the bathroom I am going to drug him...hopefully it helps.

Anxiety. His. And Mine. Bad combination. I am going to drug myself too...because I predict a headache coming on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. I remember when Jim got his braces and he assured the dentist that he would not tolerate that stuff in his mouth. I assured the dentist that at 13, he was not making that call.....I was. Oh how I regretted that statement!!!