Sunday, June 28, 2009

Where Am I?!

I have been in Kearney for the week.

Dad fell and broke his hip on Tuesday morning and had surgery on Wednesday night.

It has been interesting......to say the least.

He did really well with the surgery part but became so looped out with the medication and situation etc.

So I pretty much stayed at the hospital except for a few hours each day.

Thursday afternoon I left to get some sleep at my sis-in-laws and to shower and while I was gone....Dad tried to get out of bed and fell.....AGAIN! Fortunately nothing was damaged.

Friday he was worse with the confusion and agitation and they did labs and gave him two units of blood. He was a new man by that night. Since he hadn't been sleeping for days he was given a sleeping pill.

It worked. The next morning we couldn't wake him up. I mean....he was out. So they did some more tests to make sure nothing bad had happened and it was concluded that he was just zonked out by the pill. Sure enough about 10:30 he finally started to come around.

He had a really good day yesterday after he woke up so I decided not to stay in the hospital overnight. It was so wonderful to sleep in a regular bed.

I just got back to the hospital this morning and Dad is sitting up in bed eating and doing really well. So I am headed to BBow to get a few things from his apartment for him then will stay again tonight....in a real bed (yes!) and tomorrow I think all the arrangements to transfer him to the nursing home for therapy etc will be able to firm up.

I am hoping to head for home tomorrow but it may be Tuesday....we will see.

I am missing my fellas.

But it has been good to be able to be here too.

No comments: