Saturday, June 20, 2009

Nanny Files - Sunday, June 24, 1984

I am blogging entries from letters that I wrote to John - 25 years ago - when we were dating and I was in Maine being a nanny. If you want to read them from the beginning you can click on"Summer of 84" and scroll down to the first post.
_______________________________________________
I slept in today. It felt good. Jolene and I were going to go to church but Tammy left Thomas with Jo so we couldn't go....or at least not without taking a 9 month old baby with us and we were not up to that.
Jolene is coming over today though and we are going to go shopping in Camden.
Susan made blueberry pancakes this morning and I really liked them. She had a whole stack made up and was bringing them to the table and dropped them on the floor! She told everyone to look the other way and scooped them back onto the plate! They were still very good. :) She makes me laugh.
Carl and Susan took Chloe to camp today and she will be there until Saturday.
Morgan lost her front tooth. She looks pretty cute.
I finally met someone close to my age that lives here. Her name is Hilary. She is 15 and babysits for Boo, a friend of Susan's. Yes....the friend's name is Boo. She is really nice. I asked Hilary what everyone, meaning us young whippersnappers, did for excitement here. She said "they go away for the summer and work at resorts." Figures.
4pm - I just got back from shopping. I bought 3 shirts, some white shorts, white tennys, and some cards.
Carl and Susan took Morgan out to eat. They asked me to go but they were going to eat Chinese so I decided to stay home!

No comments: