I really get a kick out of working with college students. I am much more accepting of all kinds of things then I would have been in my 20's. Not sure if that is good or bad but I do appreciate the "abstract" person quite a bit. I try not to categorize people, I try to just sort of listen to them and meet them at their level of maturity and understanding and all that.
Sometimes it is easier than others.
This week I had a "hippy throwback". I'm sorry. I just said that I don't categorize people but seriously....this kid just categorizes himself. :)
I have the students fill out the top part of a visit sheet with their name, phone etc. and also with the reason why they are here.
This kid wrote "I'm wrecked".
So when I got him in the exam room the statement didn't really help me ask the right questions.
I said "So what is going on with you today?"
Hippy: "I don't know man, I am just wrecked." (Playing with his eye brow piercing)
Me: "What kinds of symptoms have you been having?"
Hippy: "Yeah, like - I'm just pretty much wrecked everywhere."
Me: "Can you be more specific?"
Hippy: "Gotcha, well, like my nose is wrecked and my ears are wrecked and my throat is wrecked and my sleep is wrecked - like a whole lot and basically I am just wrecked everywhere."
Me: Ok. Well, lets take a look. (Trying not to laugh)
He was right. He was pretty wrecked. We got him fixed up though or I guess I should say we "un-wrecked" him.
I really liked hippy-guy. I am going to use 'wrecked' to describe how I feel sometime.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment