Today I am canning.
I like to can.
We had a couple of beefs processed and even with two freezers....we couldn't fit it all in so I asked John to get 100 lbs in canning meat. Unfortunately I ASSUMED they would chunk it into 2 inch cubes.....and I was wrong. So.....chunking it up will add an extra step and some more time to the already day long project but it is so worth it to have the ability to make beef and noodles or vegetable beef soup in a heartbeat.
Mom is coming to help. I don't think she knows that I got 100 lbs yet and she doesn't know that it isn't already chunked. :) It will be a fun surprise!
Canning is such a satisfying task. It is so rewarding to see the results of your work all jarred up and looking good. I can't wait.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)


1 comment:
Ann was always such good help at home, that it is really fun to help her. However, I got the better deal, as "old" help plays out early in the day!!! Great fun, though, and next time I will be ready for 50 lbs.!!!
Post a Comment