Sunday, January 30, 2011

Chocolate Thunder from Down Under

Ok. Weird title I know.

But just wait....I will explain.

Yesterday my man and I took our annual trip to the Black Hills Stock Show in Rapid City. We have only missed one year in the last 12. We like to go the first weekend and take in the horses....Stallion Row to be specific. However, this year the Stallion Row was pretty small. But there are a lot of other things to take in.

John had buddies there to talk to and stayed the afternoon to watch the horse sale. After touring the expo booths and making my annual purchase of little round crocheted pot scratchers....four for six bucks. :) I headed out for an afternoon of shopping.

When I was done I called my man and picked him up at the Civic Center and we drove across town to the Outback Steakhouse. It is definitely in our top 3 favorite places to eat. At 5pm it was packed. We stood shoulder to shoulder with the masses and stared at the lucky ducks that had gotten there earlier while they ate. It was just about a 30 minute wait so it wasn't too bad.

We were both really hungry....and overpriced slice of pizza at the Stock Show Food Court was not quite enough to sustain us through the afternoon.

We both had steak and steamed veggies and salad. If you have never tried the steamed veggies at Outback....you really gotta try 'em. I have attempted to duplicate it and have gotten close but they are not quite as good as the restaurant. I love them!

The funny thing is that at first I actually thought I might be hungry enough to have dessert as well....or at least to split one with my man. So while I studied the dessert menu....one title struck my funny bone. Chocolate Thunder from Down Under. :) I showed it to John and said "Doesn't this seem like something that would crack a group of Junior High boys up for weeks?"

I must confess...it made me internally giggle for most of the night. I think I might have the sense of humor of a Jr. High boy. But, not the appetite. We did not have room for dessert afterall.

No comments: